We are broadly interested in processing-structure-property relationships in multicomponent/multilayered systems. We are working on a number of projects in the following areas:
- Polyelectrolyte multilayers for controlled release of biologically relevant molecules
- See our recently published article on the effect of assembly pH on surface properties and BMP-2 release.
- Polyelectrolyte multilayers with tailorable surface chemistry and morphology
- Thermal analysis of polyelectrolytes, polyelectrolyte multilayers, and polyelectrolyte complexes
- Processing-structure property relationships in fused deposition modeling (3D printing) of polymers and polymer composites
- See our recently accepted paper on residual stress-induced shape change of FDM printed polymers.
- Modeling of fused deposition modeling
- Self-healing polymer coatings and composites